Safety Rules Children Need to Know
- Be able to identify self and parents: name, phone and address.
- Learn how to dial "911" or "0" and ask for help in an emergency.
- At home: never open the door to strangers or delivery people.
- If followed by a car: run in the opposite direction.
- At school: know your bus number.
- If lost: go to a police officer or store employee for help.
- Always check first with parents before going anywhere.
- Safety is more important than manners: say "No" to an adult if you sense danger.
- If grabbed, yell "Help! This is not my Dad/Mom!" Kick and try to break loose.