Search Dog Services: An Investigative Tool for Law Enforcement
KYK9 provides professional search dog services to police, sheriffs, and other LE officials. LE officials and prosecutors have successfully used KYK9 scent detection dogs in innovative ways to find missing persons, investigate crime scenes, find forensic evidence, work cold cases, obtain search warrants, and provide scent evidence and expert witness testimony needed for conviction in death penalty cases.
- Find forensic evidence of commission of crime that is otherwise undetectable.
- Find blood, bodily fluids and other evidence at crime scene; locate where victim was killed.
- Delineate scope of crime scene, enable LE to focus collection efforts (i.e., specific room or vehicle).
- Find scent evidence left by victim or perpetrator, confirming their presence or absence at the scene.
- Locate evidence left in an area or on an object (i.e., knife, gun, rope).
- Find entire range of human remains (i.e., tissue, blood, skin, fat, adipocere, bones, and teeth).
- Find remains that are buried in deep/shallow graves, scattered, burned, submerged in water.
- Our dogs are trained to search in boats, work with swift water rescue teams.
Missing Persons and Suspects
- Provide scent-specific trailing dogs to find missing persons, suspects, or evidence.
- Search buildings and areas of interest, to find or narrow search area for missing person/suspect.
- Follow car trails and provide LE with direction of travel.
- Write confidential incident reports of search efforts that can be used in court.
- Help LE obtain search warrants, by understanding evidentiary standards and needed language.
- Testify in court as expert witness in criminal and civil cases.
- Help LE develop procedures/standards for effective use and deployment of search dogs.
- Geographic Spatial Imaging of K9 scent evidence; creating topographical maps for analysis.
Qualifications and Experience
- KYK9 handler Jennifer Jordan Hall graduated from Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1991.
- Hall is recognized by courts as expert witness in K9 forensic evidence in death investigations.
- KYK9 scent evidence has been used to obtain search warrants from courts.
- KYK9 is a 501(c) 3 non-profit with 11 years K9 search experience.
- Official Search Dog Team, Jefferson County Public Schools (2008 – present).
- Dogs nationally certified in live scent, human remains, water recovery, crime scene evidence.
Contact KYK9 (502) 295-7972 (cell) (502)-456-1354 (office)
KYK9 provides and enters into confidentiality agreement with agencies to protect integrity of cases